Mission Slideshow

Monday, November 18, 2013

Week #70

Bazinga!

Random Thought: I miss pumpkin pie...

So last monday we decided to go to the bishops store and get ourselves a little speaker box for our music on our flash drives. Now we have awesome new music playing all over our house when we are home.

Tuesday we went with some awesome members to a reference we received. It was great! They are really curious and are more spiritually in tune than I thought. At one point Elder Maughan said,"How can you figure out if this is true?" One of the ladies started talking about how they need to do their part and be open to receive God in there hearts. The other lady stopped her and said,"I think I know what the Elder is getting at. He's trying to say that we need to read, think, and pray about these things. If we don't then we can't receive and answer." I was very surprised by her answer and had a little "YES!" moment in my head. Nothing is better than when you know that your investigators are understanding what you are trying to teach them.

Wednesday was...interesting. We had a great day planned and went to it! But every plan and backup plan fell through. Also I was very sick and felt awful all day. BUT we all know that God has a sense of humor and that he let's funny things happen. When our last appointment fell we decided to go get a smoothy. So we went into a tiny restaurant and sat down at an aluminum table with aluminum chairs. I ordered my drink and Elder Maughan and I started talking then I realized I didn't have any cash. I said,"Hey do you accept cards?" She said no. SO I asked her to stop making it. Then as I leaned my head against the wall one of the legs of my chair broke in half and I fell on the ground and smacked my head on the wall. There was nothing else to do but laugh!

Wednesday night I got a call from the assistants saying that on friday morning at 9:00am my zone would have interviews with the president. OK. Then on thursday morning I got a call from president asking if I could have the whole zone at the chapel at 3:00pm that day! So I called everyone and we had interviews that entire day! They also brought letters and packages from the mission home! I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you mom! I shared the candy with the whole zone and already gave the little toys away to little kids!

Saturday we had baptisms! Priscila was baptized!!! It was great because we combined the service with the other ward so there was a lot of people and it was really spiritual. Priscila started crying and her little 3 year old daughter came up to her and said,"What is it mommy? Why are you crying?" It was so cute I almost died.

I love you all! Remember that the church is true!
D&C 103:36

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment