Mission Slideshow

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Week #1 at the CTM


Bazinga!

Alright BIG news! The Lord has called me to be the District Leader in the CTM! It's some responsibility but I am so grateful for my opportunity to serve!

So first, my companions name is Elder John! He's from Idaho Falls and he is pretty sweet. He has trouble learning the language though so I try to help him as much as I can! My instructor said that the language is coming easy to me but I'm not so sure. But I do love it and I am trying so hard to be able to speak it! It's a big help to be able to talk to Brazilians too. One of my roommates is Brazilian and he is so so cool! He is always saying "I love you Elder Laws!" because I make him laugh.

I have no complaints at all! I absolutely love it here and I am learning and growing so much! The food is good, the rooms are a bit crammed but still ok!

Israel Martins is awesome! When I got here he came and gave me a big hug and a ginormous bag of Brazilian candy! (Brazilian chocolate is not very good) My instructors are awesome!! They are Irmã Da Silva and Irmão Zamignani!

Funny story! Last night one of our instructors was teaching us Portuguese and my companion was having trouble with pronunciation. So our instructor says,"your pronunciation is great compared to my English. My English is terrible compared to your Portuguese and I've been studying it for two freaking years!" Ha its way too much fun to learn the language!

Today is P Day so we walked around to look at the shops and stopped in a sports shop and the Brazilians that work there are awesome! They taught us some words, joked around with us and talked sports! It was so much fun!

Anyway, I love the language, I love the people, I love the gospel and I love the lord! I can absolutely feel that this is right and that lives will be blessed because of it!

Com amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment