Mission Slideshow

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Week #2

Bazinga!

Here we are again! The week has been fantastic and I have learned so much but first some of the people from home are asking what I do all day while I am here, so let me explain.

I wake up, shower, then personal study from the scriptures and "Preach My Gospel". Then breakfast, then I study again until lunch, then class until dinner, then class again until the end of the day! Our instructors teach us how we need to teach and to speak the language! Its great!! Almost every day we do a practice lesson and on the weekends we do a practice lesson with members. Its really fun and there is always something to work on.

Now about the city of Sao Paulo! This place is huge...like really huge...like 19 million people huge! We take a bus to the temple every p-day and it amazes me that so many people can be in the same place! It is kind of crowded and theres a lot of poor neighborhoods around the CTM (Center for Training Missionaires), but all the Brazilians are the most friendly people I have ever met! As soon as you start a conversation they talk to you like you've known them forever!

My roomates really help me with the language and they always love to learn English! A ton of the brazilians here are going to Cuiaba (my mission) so its likely that I will be companions with some of them! Oh that that reminds me! Asa's favorite soccer team is the Sao Paulo Palmeiras! One of the Elders I talk to and spend time with daily PLAYED PROFESSIAL for them for two years before his mission! I got his autograph and everything!

The sisters missionaries here are awesome too! Two of the sisters that arrived here with my district decided to come up with daily sterio-types based on the way we look. They only tell us one a day. Yesterday I was told I look like I was either on the Student Council or Air force ROTC. I dont even know what that means but ok! (Must have been the haircut - high and tight!!)

Anyway, I love it here, I love my mission, I love this work, and I love you all sooooo much and more than that!

Com amor,
Elder Roman Laws

PS
Mom... study Mosiah 4 its the best!! and tell dad to study Mormon 9!

LETTERS ARE THE BEST! Please have Bro Fanning do the combined mutual I was telling you about where all the youth write the missionaries from our ward! HANDWRITTEN! Also, tell everyone I love them and that I pray for them every day!

I love you momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment