Mission Slideshow

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week #4

Bazinga!

"Look what I drew...A wedding dress!"

So I decided that while in the CTM I'm going to start my letters with quotes from our dumb quote wall! That quote was from Elder Kahl (only his quotes are up there).

Alright so I've got news! I am no longer a district leader. The Branch president decided that Elder Gillespie should be the district leader instead. But all is well because I am now the AP! (assistant to the branch president) I love it because now I get to talk to and help other districts besides my own! I'm going to try my best and rely on the Lord and hopefully I will do the job right.

Other districts left this week and it was kind of a bummer because we got really close, but they were so excited and ready! It makes me so happy and excited for when I get to go out and get to work in my area in Cuiaba! I asked a couple of these Elders if they would write a message in my journal. Elder Reese, who was the AP before me always writes super SUPER small even the branch president made fun of him! So when I went to read what he wrote me I had to sit and interpret for about five minutes! He was such a great example to me and I hope to be at least as prepared as he was before he left!

So there is a thing here called TRC which is where you practice giving a lesson to either members or missionaries who have been here a while. They film the practice so you can watch it and figure out ways to improve your teaching. It was SO exciting this week! My companion and I committed them to go to church and to baptism! It was so wonderful and the spirit was so strong! ha and during the recording of this my companion coughed into his arm and a bunch of phlegm ended up on his sleeve so he put his other hand over it until the end! I had no idea until he told me later! It was hilarious!!

My companion Elder John is from Idaho Falls! He has a huge desire to do this work and has a good sense of humor. He is also kind of a klutz. While we were in line the other day he accidentally dropped a plate and it shattered all over the place and the first day I was here he accidentally went into the girls bathroom and didn't realize until he came out and our whole district was clapping for him in the hall!

There is a great thing I learned this week that I want to share with all of you. Some people ask why we need a prophet to receive revelation in this day in age. Well part of the answer to this question is that because of new technologies and more wicked people. We have the unfortunate availability to commit sins that ancient and not so ancient people weren't able to commit. With constant revelation from the Lord to a prophet we can stay on the straight and narrow path much easier. This is by divine design. I know that we have a living prophet that helps guide and direct us in these days.

I'm going to start ending my letters with a scripture!
This weeks is...1 Corinthians chapter 13, verse 11!

Com muito amor!
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment