Mission Slideshow

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week #6 - "Sorry...we were playing footsie..."

Bazinga!

This week was fantastic! We set about four district goals and got 100 percent on all of them! It made us feel so great and like we are doing what we are supposed to! I have 3 weeks left in the CTM and then I go into the field of the Cuiaba mission! The day is Aug 28th I believe! Its crazy because I do not feel like I have been here for 6 weeks! I don't think any missionary is ever ready for what the field will be like but I'm trying hard and trusting in the Lord! My mission is supposed to be hotter than any other and I am a little nervous about that but I am used to the 80ish degree weather here in Sao Paulo so I think it'll be fine!

Funny story! So we were having a devotional on Sunday and at the end they had a little slide show about Bolivia because the next day was going to be their independence day! Anyway the last slide pops up and its a map of Bolivia with a bunch of cultural pictures in it and right in the middle was a big picture of a woman in the most immodest bikini EVER! So the picture was up for like 30 sec until the tech guy realized it and hurried and took it down! It was hilarious! All the heads in the room went down and everyone looked at the floor!

This week we made a goal to practice street contacting every day. It is so much fun and it really helps with the nervousness and our Portuguese! we always need to improve but we love this work. My district rocks!

There are some Sisters here that flew in with our district and they are great! They love to come in our classroom and talk to us. The other night they came in and initiated us into their "mustache hall of fame club" and gave each of us a mustache sticker to put on the back of our badge, so when we hold it up under our nose we have awesome mustaches! Ha we have so much fun here!

Other than that not much else happened this week! I just love it here and its going to be sad to leave but at the same time I can't wait to get to my area and get to work! I can't wait to have amazing experiences like my big brother Elder Laws #1!

Com muito Amo!
Elder Laws

Mom- the Brazilians think you are in your 20s and some call you hot!

PLEASE SEND ME THE PICTURE I DESCRIBED IN LAST WEEKS EMAIL! PLEASE SEND A HARD COPY THROUGH MISSIONTIES! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Also please ask Bro Fanning and Bro Lindhorst about doing a mutual where all the kids write the missionaries in the ward!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment