Mission Slideshow

Monday, February 11, 2013

Week #33

Bazinga!

Random Thought:

Zone Leader: "Parabéns Elder Laws!"

Me: "Why?"

Zone Leader: "You are going to be a district leader!"

Me: "Are you kidding me!?!? Are you sure?! Why? Where!?"

Zone Leader: "An area called Pedra 90!"

As you can see I have been transferred and it's to an area really close to Cuiabá called Pedra 90 (we say Pedra Noventa). I will be the District Leader and my companion will be Elder Underwood! I don't know much about him yet. I am pretty nervous and I don't feel ready but I'm way excited! We'll see how this goes and I'll definitely be needing prayers!

So there wasn't a ton of different things that happened this week but we did work our tails off and taught 48 lessons in this small area! We were super happy with that! I don't know if I've already said this but one of the ways we get around is we hitch-hike! I love it! Its a great way to do contacts and we get to where we are going way faster! I mention this because on the way to an appointment and I thought,"I would LOVE a ride right now!" So I stuck my thumb out and as I was turning to see if there was a car even coming, a guy pulled over and said,"Where are you going?" I was shocked!! Maybe because I cut my left thumb, it's magic now. So we got to where we were going and we gave a message and then learned how to make "Bolinhos de Chuva" or "Rain Cakes"! Basically they are scones but in a ball and they rotate by themselves in the oil while cooking them. They were delicious!

So our mission is losing about 12 missionaries this week and only gaining 3. There are 7 stuck in the states because their visas haven't come through yet. So President asked the Zone Leaders to find "Curto Prazos" or short term missionaries. Well this guy named Deonatam (Jonathan) moved here about a week before and he is actually preparing to serve a mission in October! He was DEFINITELY sent here as a blessing! Because there are so little missionaries coming in President was thinking about taking one of the two companionship's out of this area. He is super cool and super excited to serve!

The Zone Leaders came to do a division with us and it was awesome! I learned a lot about how to do contacts better and about how to teach with more power. Zone leaders are Zone leaders for a reason! At the end of the division we were waiting for the Zone leaders bus and this really weird cross eyed guy walked up and asked if we were traveling and then just started laughing! So we talked a little bit but he just kept laughing creepily at everything we said so Elder Bresciano looked at him and in english said,"You're scaring me!" and we ALL started laughing! It was a very funny but super creepy experience.

Saturday was my mom's birthday!!!!! Happy Birthday Momma!!! Well on her birthday we had a missionary leave to go home! His time was up! That was a weird experience because it made me think a lot about what its going to feel like for me and I decided it'll feel too soon! After leaving Elder Shuss at the bus station we went to teach a reference named Leandro. He is super cool! He REALLY participated in the lesson and answered a bunch of questions. He is a super smart kid. Then we invited him to baptism and he accepted! Let me tell you that is THEE best!! People who are soooo ready that they accept the gospel right away because they know its true. I LOVE being a missionary!

I want everyone to know that I have a testimony of the gospel. When we teach sometimes we talk about the spirit touching peoples hearts. I always teach that in the scriptures you can almost always trade the word "Heart" for "Spirit". I want you all to know that I know with all of my spirit that this path, the church and the gospel, is the ONLY way to achieve exaltation and to live in the presence of the Lord again.

Mormon 8:24

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment