Mission Slideshow

Monday, February 4, 2013

Week #32

Bazinga!

Random Thought: Fried eggs are delicious!

Great week! Tuesday morning I put my clothes into our ancient washing machine and twisted the dial to turn it on. It was making a funny noise and I realized that the center piece inside wasn't spinning so I gave it a jump-start with my hand and it started up just fine! I let it do its thing until it was done and then I turned it on to run again (it's old so you have to run it 2-3 times to get anything clean). This time it didn't even make a noise. Nothing. So we called the financial secretary to ask for money to buy a new one. We received permission and he said we would receive the money in about three days. So then I got curious and thought,"I wonder if its just the outlet its plugged in to." So I unplugged the cord and looked for somewhere else to plug it into. I looked in the unusable bathroom right next to it outside and saw two wires sticking out of the light switch socket and thought,"I'll try it there!" With my companion we hooked up the wires and turned it on. It worked but something was weird, it was way louder. So my companion says,"Ya know I think that socket is a 2..." then there was a loud BOOM! Our machine had a mini explosion inside of it! It turns out we plugged it into a 220 volt socket instead of the normal 110 volt. Good thing we were already going to get a new one right? So we already have the new one and it is a DREAM!!! Its seriously the best to have clean clothes.

Alright I know everyone loves hearing about the amazing spiritual experiences but I want to tell an example of one of the "less spiritual" ones. So we went to the house of a guy in the branch who was recently in the hospital but he wasn't there. His daughter was so we decided to talk to her and teach her the first lesson. While we are teaching she is nodding and agreeing with what we are saying and then Elder Bresciano says,"So do you think its good when we receive an answer from the Lord and then don't follow it?" And she says,"Yes its really good!"...I ALMOST laughed. Its not that she actually thinks that, but we realized that she wasn't paying attention at all! So we finished the lesson and left. Sometimes things like this happen on the mission.

On Friday we planned a family night with one of our recent convert families. So everything was planned, people were going to bring cakes and so on! So we go to a family to pick them up and take them to the family night, when we got a call that the people who were going to host it wouldn't be home! So we moved the location and replanned a few things and ended up having a fantastic night! ALL the people who were there went to church on Sunday!!

On Sundays I am the Gospel Principles teacher. So I was walking into my class with a lesson prepared about Prophets when the wife of the 2nd counselor of the mission comes up to me and says,"I brought something for your lesson!" It was weird because she didn't know what lesson I was going to teach because I pick randomly by what I feel. So I said,"Really? what is it?" She had brought the movie about the restoration of the gospel and Joseph Smith. The 20 minute version. So I used it and the spirit was there so strongly! Sometimes when you act on a prompting of the spirit you help someone more than yourself.

After church I saw one of our investigators and went over to talk to her. Her name is Lia and she has a 15 year old son. She looked a little quiet so I asked,"Are you ok? You look a little quiet." She looked up at me with her eyes all glossy and said,"Not quiet, Just all is well." Then I just KNEW! She had just had a major experience with the spirit!!! We are going to her house tonight and I am sooooo excited to talk about it!!!

This week I don't have a scripture, I have a suggestion...more like a plea! EVERYONE who is reading this NEEDS to buy the book "The Miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball and read it. If you've read it, read it again. This book has changed my life and if you let it, it will change yours.

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment