Mission Slideshow

Monday, June 3, 2013

Week #48

Bazinga!

Random Thought: This pen is blue!

Fantastic week!!! SO remember the family I talked about in my last letter? Elton and Jussara? Well in Thursday we marked there baptisms for the 8th! They are super excited! They are reading a The Book of Mormon AND Doctrine and Covenants AND The Pearl of Great Price AND the Gospel Principles book AND talks from the apostles and prophets!!! They are so excited about the gospel and everything they learn just makes them want to learn more!

On Saturday we went to there house to teach more about the commandments. They have no problems and immediately accepted to CONTINUE living the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. Elton then ask if hew could say something. We said of course, and he started:

"Well I wanted to say something about this whole situation of joining the church and being baptized. I have been thinking a lot about the date we set and I will admit that I have had my doubts. Doubts like,"Maybe this is going too fast" or,"Maybe it isn't the right time." But then I started reading the talk you gave me (see below) and I saw this phrase "Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." And I decided that I believe everything I have learned and that you have taught is true. 100%! So yes I will be baptized and become a member of the true church of Christ."

Lord I Believe by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/lord-i-believe?lang=eng

What an amazing experience as a missionary to hear our investigators bear their testimony to us!

We went to visit them again yesterday and because Jussara couldn't make it to church, Elton wanted us to teach about the priesthood and priesthood blessings because he learned about it in church! So we did and he was sitting there commenting every once in a while and smiling. He is super excited about the fact that all worthy men can have the priesthood authority and that he can have it and use it in his home and with his family.

Then we went through a bunch of questions they had about the sacrament and such until we got to the subject of temples. They didn't have too many questions but they are already excited to go and Jussara said,"It's going to be a marvelous experience the first time we go." Today we are going fishing with them!

I want you all to know that this is why I am here. To see and experience this. Elton and Jussara are no doubt prepared by the Lord to receive the gospel with their arms open and smiles on their faces, and I am here to make sure that happens. I challenge and invite ALL people who read this who are not members of the church to search to learn more and be baptized into the only true church of the Savior Jesus Christ. His gospel has been restored!

Mosiah 27:14-15

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment