Mission Slideshow

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Week #51

Bazinga!

Random Thought: I didn't see a Tucan yesterday....

Well it was a pretty good week! Let's start on Wednesday. The branch here has a Family night every week on Wednesday in the houses of the members. This week it was in the house of my recent converts, Elton and Jussara!! Elton was the one to give a message this time and it was fantastic! He decided to use the scripture that answered his prayers about joining the church! It was D&C 6:14-15. The message was really spiritual and then he left the floor open for comments. A few people spoke first and then Jussara, Elton wife said,"One thing that helped me know that the church is true was The Book of Mormon. I know it's true and if someone says it isn't, they're lying." It was so great to see them saying things like this. I just couldn't stop smiling!

On Thursday we had a great lunch with a member family here. After lunch the mom said,"Elders I am wanting to kill two chickens here but I am feeling lazy." So immediately we offered to help! So we went out into the yard and she grabbed the two chickens she wanted handed them to us and said to wait a minute. We waited. Then her and her husband came back out and showed us how we were supposed to do it! So I grabbed the machete, lifted it up over my head, then brought it down and......STOPPED. Ha it was a weird feeling. I hesitated because I had never killed anything in my life! I tryed again and still couldn't. Everyone was laughing including me! So I tryed one more time and this time WACK off went the head! Then we learned how to pluck out all the feathers and how to gut them. It was really cool and now I know how to if I ever have chickens!

Also on Thursday I took a bible over to that old man we have been teaching. He only has a really tiny one that is only the New Testament. I have NEVER seen someone so grateful in my life. It really left an impression on me.

Friday night we had a branch activity called "A Festa da Jeca". Jeca is like over exagerated hick. Everyone showed up in terribly matched clothes and straw hats, the women in pig tails. It was really fun! There was food, soda and everything! We even got a lot of references! It was a fantastic time.

Also I had a very spiritual experience. I've never had the strongest of testimonys about prayer and I wanted it to get better. So I studied prayer this week and then prayed and asked the Lord if he was hearing me. Then I felt impressed to read the book "True to the Faith". I didn't know where to start so I just opened it and started reading. This is the first sentence I read,"Your prayers, when offered humbly and sincerly are heard and answered." Wow!

Alma 22:15

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment