Mission Slideshow

Monday, January 6, 2014

Week #76

Bazinga!
Random Thought: They light fireworks for Christmas here!

Well folks there really isn't much to share! My companion was sick for three days and we didn't do a whole lot. Although it gave me time to start making a couple of presents for President Reber and his wife! Pictures to come! The following is a note for my family to be read on Christmas Eve at the family party.

Hello family!

This is my last Christmas on the mission. Crazy. Anyways, I wanted to write a little something to all of you for the Christmas party.

So let me tell you something. I know some of you already know this, but the mission is hard. I wake up every day and basically my job is to worry about everyone I come into contact with and not myself. It's kind of an awesome learning experience. There are sometimes when I miss you all like crazy and others where I feel like I could stay here another two years. I have met and taught people who have so much money that they burn it to heat their houses. I have also met and taught people who are so poor that they dig in the trash to find enough half eaten, rotten food to feed their families.

Anyways, the reason I am saying all of this is because around 2014 years ago, the Son of the living God came into the world for ALL these people. Sometimes I see these people and want, with everything within me to help them and give them ALL that I have. But I can't. I have to realize that I just can't do as much as I'd like. BUT Jesus Christ did. He was born because he felt and feels the same things I feel but at a level that is incomprehensible. He was born to give a gift that ALL people need and that brings the sweetest of peace and everlasting happiness. Forgiveness and eternal life.

May we all remember this and help others come to the same knowledge and remembrance. What is the true meaning of Christmas?

That's it! Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Articles of Faith 13

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment