Mission Slideshow

Monday, January 6, 2014

Week #77

Bazinga!!

Random Thought: I am going to smack that dog.

So this week was great! There was Christmas, exploding toilets, putting in new toilets and gaining a lot of food from the members! AND there was a baptism!

Let me explain. last week we were visiting a recent convert family. There are two young men and they had a few backpacks full of fireworks. SO they decided to give us a few of the tiny ones that explode in water. We were shown that they could explode in water by one of the young men in the ward and he did it in the toilet as an example and what happened?...NOTHING. So later on we were using the little fireworks (you strike them on the box, like matches) and then I had the bright idea to try it in OUR toilet at home. Well our toilet is about 100 years old so when the firecracker blew, the bottom of the toilet blew out. Lame.... So I had to buy and install a new toilet. It was a pain and there were a lot of road blocks along the way, but its done and working great!! Yes I learned my lesson.

Christmas was awesome!!!! I received the BEST present from someone special, talked with my family and again I want to say something about each one.

Dad: I think you might have gained a couple of pounds but I still am not as good looking as you. I loved talking to you and something I look forward to in these calls is laughing at new jokes we learned. All the young men here who saw you, think that you are awesome and told me that I was lucky to have a dad like you.

Mom: You are the best ever! I love talking with you and making you laugh. I do apologize for giving away a lot of the candy in my box. You take care of me so well and I hope you are seeing the blessings that come from that.

Asa: You are crazy! I always love talking to you in Portuguese but your accent is getting more American. You were and are a great example to me and I can't wait to hang out with you again.

Kati: You are growing up and I am so excited that you will be going on a mission!! Remember that right now Satan will use everything to get you to stay home, INCLUDING boys. Remember that you already got an answer that you are to go and DO NOT to let anything stop you. You are such an amazing young woman and I am so excited to see what your mission brings.

Hanna: You are a funny girl. Mom tells me about how college is going and I think it's awesome that you are liking it so much. You look like you are growing up more and I can't wait to get home and squeeze you!

Saturday we had a baptism and yesterday we had her confirmation. Her name is Anna and she speaks English fluently. The day we found her, I was praying for us to find someone to be baptized and then while walking in the street, her mom stopped us and told us to speak English with her! She is really progressing well and is even talking about serving a mission.

I love you all so much, and more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year!!!

Ephesians 6:16

Com muito amor,
Elder Roman Laws

No comments:

Post a Comment